Healty Feet App
Cow Health & Mobility for farmers
Iceberg Creative have designed, developed and is maintaining a mobility app to facilitate the collection and reporting of data on lameness in dairy farms.
App design and development
Agriculture and horticulture
Iceberg Creative worked with The Agriculture and Horticulture Development Board (AHDB) to design, develop and maintain a mobility app to facilitate the collection and reporting of data on lameness in dairy farms. As part of the Herd Advance project, the ‘Healthy Feet’ app offers a practical collection and reporting tool for farmers to identify lame cows, recurring lame cows, lameness type and incidence – part of a strategic ‘farmer-to-farmer’ learning strategy to encourage and ensure active on-farm management of animals’ health and welfare.
Iceberg Creative are proud to be a technology partner of the AHDB, and has developed the iOS & Android application in line with the functionality requirements set out in the project brief.
The application provided the following features:
- Development of a smart application that the farmer can access via mobile or tablet and complete while on the farm
- Online product but with offline capability for data to be stored and automatically uploaded when reconnection is established
- Enable farmers to submit mobility score data on registering
- Allow farmers to perform a risk self-assessment of their farm
- Allow farmers to calculate the cost of lameness for their farm using an inbuilt calculator
- Include a learning platform with access to relevant resources and videos which will be provided